Applications for the 2020 FEAL Mentoring Initiative have now closed.
Following the continued success of the FEAL Mentoring Initiative, we are delighted to announce the launch of our fifth Mentoring Initiative. The 2020/21 Initiative will run from March 2020 to March 2021.
Mentee training dates (training is delivered online)
Tuesday, 31 March 2020 at 9.30am
Thursday, 2 April 2020 at 9.30am
Please contact email@example.com to register your interest in participating in the program.
Please include in the email a brief outline of the objective(s) you would like to achieve from the program. This information will assist us in matching you to a mentor.
Applications closed on Friday 20th March 5.00pm (AEST).
This Initiative provides the opportunity to develop a formal and structured mentoring relationship with a senior executive from the superannuation industry.
The seniority of the mentors on the Initiative is a unique component of the FEAL program. Direct access to this experience and knowledge has provided previous participants with significant benefits in achieving their career objectives. Feedback from previous mentees has also shown many advantages of having a mentor external to their organisation, including a fresh perspective and a high level of objectivity in the mentoring sessions.
The FEAL Mentoring Initiative has been developed to support the professional development of Senior Executives in super. By providing a mentoring framework and facilitating the matching of mentors and mentees, it is hoped the initiative enriches the leaders in our industry through:-
- Sharing of insight, knowledge and skill between fund executives;
- Building business, financial and strategic acumen; and
- The development of leadership skills that enable a higher level of influence and contribution to the participant’s fund, its members and the overall industry.
If you have any questions about the FEAL Mentoring Initiative please contact Joanna Davison on (02) 9261 5155 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored in partnership with
The program provides unique benefits for both the mentor, the mentee and their respective funds:
- An opportunity to transfer skills and knowledge;
- Contribute to the development of the future of the superannuation industry;
- Enhance leadership, communication and mentoring skills;
- Stay connected to the issues that emerging leaders in the industry are facing;
- Expand professional networks; and
- Recognition of skills, knowledge and commitment to professional development.
- Develop skills and knowledge;
- Build professional networks;
- Increase confidence;
- Increase likelihood of success and avoid mistakes;
- Discuss and learn theoretical and practical issues with another senior colleague in the industry;
- Be held accountable for professional development goals;
- Reflect on professional growth and development;
- A confidential opportunity to discuss skill and career development; and
- A window into the experience of other senior fund executives.
- Increased productivity by both mentor and mentee;
- Improved leadership and vocational skills;
- Discovery and enhancement of latent talent;
- Re-motivation of senior staff (mentors); and
- Development and improved retention of skilled executives.
Mentors should occupy a senior position in their fund or organisation (eg, CEOs and deputies, divisional and department heads and deputies) and ideally have:
- At least 10-12 years professional experience and industry expertise;
- Effective communication skills, particularly listening;
- A desire to contribute to the future of the superannuation industry;
- Stay connected to the issues that emerging leaders in the industry are facing; and
- The willingness to commit to at least one 60 minute meeting every 4-6 weeks for the duration of the 12 month program.
FEAL mentees must be:
- Members of FEAL;
- Have at least 3-5 years professional experience and expertise;
- Be poised for future leadership in the industry;
- Be willing to show strong initiative in utilising the mentoring opportunity; and
- Commit to at least one 60 minute meeting every 4-6 weeks for the duration of the 12 month program.
FEAL Mentoring Initiative Agreement
Please click here to view the agreement.