Made possible with the support of Aberdeen Standard Investments and BNP Paribas Securities Services the LSE Executive Education Courses Scholarship is designed specifically for current and aspiring fund Chief Investment Officers. Recognising the significant role fund CIOs play as business leaders in their own right, the scholarship is intended to provide a senior investment professional with the opportunity to develop skills in a general management (non-investment) discipline.
Congratulations Ruwanie Dias – Commonwealth Bank Group Super, winner of the LSE scholarship.
How do I apply?
To apply for the LSE Scholarship download an application form and save it to your desktop (it is a writeable .pdf). Return completed application via email. If you need assistance please phone (02) 9261 5155.
What is the selection panel looking for?
The selection panel is looking for concise, relevant and informative responses to the questions posed in the application form. In a two or three paragraph response provide a strong ‘business case’ as to why you should receive a Scholarship this year. Consider how the content of LSE would assist you in meeting your professional and career goals, or in achieving specific KPIs. Try to be clear and direct and help the selection panel understand how the Scholarship opportunity would be helpful to you.
Who is on the selection panel?
Your application will be treated with the strictest confidence at all times by our selection panel. The panel will be determined ASAP.
Key dates to remember
Applications close Wednesday 13 February 2019
I have submitted an application previously but was not successful – should I apply again?
Former applicants are encouraged to apply. Review your previous Scholarship application and consider how you could improve it. Ensure the question responses reflect your current thoughts and needs.
I am not a FEAL member. Can I still apply?
The ability to receive FEAL scholarships is one of the benefits of FEAL Membership. If you are not currently a member of FEAL then why not apply for membership and a scholarship at the same time. All FEAL members, whether new or existing, are eligible to receive a Scholarship. Click here for membership details.
Past LSE Scholarship recipients
Damian Graham 2018 recipient
Damian from First State Super was awarded the 2018 LSE London School of Economics Scholarship.
Andrew Spence 2017 recipient
Andrew from Qantas Superannuation Fund was awarded the 2017 LSE London School of Economics Scholarship.
Matthew Condon 2016 recipient
Matthew from Rio Tinto Super was awarded the 2016 LSE London School of Economics Scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications received after the specified deadline will not be considered.
- The decision of the selection panel is final and no subsequent correspondence will be entered into.
- The LSE Scholarship is only open to FEAL members and applicants must be employed with their fund at the time of the Scholarship.
- Non members are eligible to apply. If successful you must join FEAL to receive your Scholarship.
- Successful applicants may be called upon to deliver a report to FEAL members.
- FEAL Directors are not eligible to apply.
- The Scholarship covers business class travel, accommodation and tuition (travel expenses and costs outside this must be covered by the recipient).